Pro-2052 Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHI

I have found some systems in my neighborhood that are labeled as trunking... but where i am not following is where it says system type LTR I don't see LTR for a system on my scanner...would this be programed under the EDACS

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I have found some systems in my neighborhood that are labeled as trunking... but where i am not following is where it says system type LTR I don't see LTR for a system on my scanner...would this be programed under the EDACS
If the system type you want to monitor is LTR, it can not be scanned (tracked) by the PRO-2052. The PRO-2052 only tracks Motorola and EDACS.

I strongly suggest getting a newer scanner. Even a PRO-97 will do what you want, but a PSR-300 would be better. The best you can do otherwise with the '2052 is to enter ALL of the frequencies, in any order, and set them to FM. You might have to lock out whichever channel is the control channel at any one moment (and unlock the frequency previously used as a control channel). The scanner will just scan the frequencies as normal freqs and will not "track" a conversation by its TG ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.