Pro-2052 Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

mding4gold

Premium Subscriber
Can the Radio Shack Pro-2052 track Motorola Type II Smartzone?

I am trying to program a local Smartzone trunked system and the unit just hangs.

Thanx

jeffrey420

It should....

I use it for MOT II smartnet. Used it for smartzone before they went digital. There are 4 diff Motorolla type II modes. Make sure you have the right one selected.

Last edited:

rpowley

mding4gold said:
Can the Radio Shack Pro-2052 track Motorola Type II Smartzone?
I am trying to program a local Smartzone trunked system and the unit just hangs.
Thanx

Yes the 2052 can track Mot II Smartzone and Smartnet. Hanging on a control channel is fairly common for this scanner.

mding4gold

Premium Subscriber
uhf

The freqs are in the 500's, so I have selected the E2-UHF. But is hangs, never scans the trunk system. Other none smart zone trunks work great.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
The scanner needs to be set with one Smartzone site per bank. Neither manual (old or new) mentions this but if your UHF/VHF system is distant or weak, squelch position is critical to prevent hang up on a TG. If the scanner is hanging up on the control freq, you may be out of trunking mode. Though trunking setup for both scanners is the same, the two manuals differ on procedures to scan a trunked Bank (page 27 in new and 33 in old refers).

Last edited:

pantera1441

Hi I've been trying for a while now to just listen in on Trunked frequencies with the 2052.

This is the group I've been wanting to listen to, but just can't seem to correctly program them into the radio.

http://www.n2nov.net/PAPD800.html

Any assistance is appreciated.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Hi I've been trying for a while now to just listen in on Trunked frequencies with the 2052.

This is the group I've been wanting to listen to, but just can't seem to correctly program them into the radio.

Port Authority Conventional & EDACS Trunked System

Any assistance is appreciated.
Welcome to the forum.

Use this link for data. Scanner Frequencies: Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Trunking System, New York, Multi-State

Each site requires a separate bank for the frequencies and the bank/site frequencies need to be entered in exact order as listed.

Under my signature is a link to RR Wiki Programming Shortcuts. Two are listed for the 2052 but programming is the same for both, the difference is how the scanner gets into and out of trunking mode during use.

Select the shortcut for your 2052 depending on the date code. A403 and later is the new scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.