Pro-2052

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojogrove

How do I program my Pro-2052 Scanner. I have list of Talkgroups, but is shows "DEC" numbers and not Frequency. How can I program this?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
These links should help - the first one is a very good introduction to trunking.

http://www.uniden.com/products/ButIjustwanttolistentothePolice.pdf

Easier to Read Pro 2052 Scanner Manual

Programming Shortcut Pro-2052 - The RadioReference Wiki

Programming Shortcut Pro-2052 with new scanner addendum at end of page - The RadioReference Wiki

The 2052 cannot copy any of the new P25 digital trunks out there - so the first question to ask is what are you trying to program? Go up to the Database link in the blue toolbar under the site title; use the various pulldowns to navigate to your area. Let's see the URL...

best regards..Mike

bojogrove

Mike: I'm trying to enter frequencies and not I.D. I'm covering Grove City, Columbus Police and Fire and Franklin County Sheriff Department, all in Franklin County Ohio. Is there a web site where I can get just the frequencies by number instead of I.D. or DEC or Tag #???

ST-Bob

If it's a trunked system you must enter at least the control channels found under one of the sites (the one nearest you is probably best) and then you can begin entering talkgroups. Trunked systems are different than conventional frequency-based systems. You need to first read up on trunking systems before it will make sense.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually with that old a scanner, it doesn't support just programming the control channels - you need to program every frequency for the system.

bojo you can get all that information from our database. I agree, you need to bone up on how trunking works, and use the links I provided to help you understand how to program the 2052. The first link - a PDF file - will introduce you into the world of trunking. The next links I supplied will help you understand how to use the 2052 and program it correctly. best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.