Pro 2053 Help Very frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0TDL

Hey guys i have been given a 2053 new in the box , I have been trying to program it using win 93 , There is no web import and i guess i am not smart enough to understand the directions at the starsoft web site . I cannot seem to import anything from my account here , please help

TES

Hey guys i have been given a 2053 new in the box , I have been trying to program it using win 93 , There is no web import and i guess i am not smart enough to understand the directions at the starsoft web site . I cannot seem to import anything from my account here , please help

From Don's Win93 page:

Win93 is a Windows "GUI" application for the Radio Shack Pro-93 trunking scanner. It allows you to read data from the scanner, make changes via the GUI, and write the modified data back. It will read / write the scanner in less than 60 seconds. You can maintain a "library" of data files to be downloaded or shared. Win93 uses the 'standard' P93 data format for its files, as well as a text file format that can be used for printing or manual editing.

There is NOTHING in the description suggesting that Win93 will do a "web import" or "import anything from" your "account here" —I think your expectations of the Win93 Freeware exceed the software's capabilities.

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
Looks like there is no software for the 2053 which interfaces directly with the RadioReference database. You will probably be able to cut and paste from the databse into the spreadsheet view of the Win93 program but there's no automated method. It's all going to be manual cutting and pasting.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Quite right - or you can use Excel as an intermediary and copy/paste from there. I suspect it would be easier in Excel to manipulate things around....HTH Mike

cat123

can someone help me to unlock my radioshack pro93 police scanner.its locked on channel m300.please help this scanner worked great last week.thank you.

N8IAA

can someone help me to unlock my radioshack pro93 police scanner.its locked on channel m300.please help this scanner worked great last week.thank you.
What has this to do with programming the 2053? It is considered bad form to hijack a thread.
Larry

DickH

How would i create a P93 file that i could copy and paste in to the win9s program or do i do it by hand ?

1- Open the WIN93 program.
2- Click CHANNELS.
3- Paste the frequencies in the FREQUENCY column.
Don't forget to SAVE the file.

p92503414-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.