PRO-2053 Trunked/Conventional? Same Bank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasMcKean

I have heard it can be done, but I have not figured out how?

And it wasn't for the lack of trying! I have even heard yew can have two separate trunking systems in the same bank, though I really don't think I am interested? What I am trying to do is put all the police EDACS & conventional in the same bank, and I can't figure how? :(

DickH

I have heard it can be done, but I have not figured out how?

And it wasn't for the lack of trying! I have even heard yew can have two separate trunking systems in the same bank, though I really don't think I am interested? What I am trying to do is put all the police EDACS & conventional in the same bank, and I can't figure how? :(

If it's a normal EDACS system you put all the EDACS freqs. in the right channels as specified by the LCN in the RR database, then put the conventional freqs. in the following channels.
It looks like there are 12 freqs. inthe Bedford county site, so you start the conventional freqs. in channel 13.

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
And if memory serves me, the trick is to put a non-used frequency in between the trunk and conventional stuff - I could be wrong here....Mike

DonS

And if memory serves me, the trick is to put a non-used frequency in between the trunk and conventional stuff - I could be wrong here....Mike

You might be thinking of the "trick" that is used on some of the GRE scanners (I'm thinking specifically of the PRO-96, but it probably also applies to the PRO-93, PRO-2053, PRO-95, etc.) when you want to program multiple Mot or P25 sites into a single bank - and force the scanner to check all sites on every scan pass instead of just locking onto the first CC it finds.

If mixing conventional and trunked in a single bank, there's no need to put unused frequencies in there. In fact, with an EDACS system that has "holes" in its LCN list, you can put your desired conventional frequencies in those holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.