Pro-2055 All Channels Locked Out - Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
I programmed a scanner for a friend a few months ago with Win97. Worked great. I've probably programmed half a dozen Pro-97/2055 scanners over the last few years for myself or others.

But something happened to his scanner this week. It suddenly just reset.

Now, when you hit "Scan", it gives you the "All Channels Locked Out" message.

I plugged in my programming cable, and it gives me the "Clone Mode" screen.

**BUT**, when I click upload on Win97, it won't go to the "Receiving" status bar screen. It just stays on "Clone Mode".

I know the cable is transmitting, because it is lighting up, and the Win97 progress bar is displayed.

I tried to hit "0, 1" to reinitialize it, but no help. I did a test program, which is like "1, 2" or something like that, and it appears to go through the banks after that.

But it still won't accept a Win97 programming.

Any advice would be MUCH appreciated. I'm just trying to help a friend, who is a volunteer firefighter.

N1BHH

Before you try to reload the scanner, manually step through the channels to check for and unlock the channels that are locked. Be sure if you are reloading the scanner to use the 1/8 inch mono plug inserted fully into the PC/IF jack on the radio, do not press anything on the radio, use Win97 to first Download From Scanner. Be sure the correct Com Port is selected. Look over the file to see if any of the channels are locked out, then unlock those, Save the file, then Upload To Scanner.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-97 PC/IF programming

Now, when you hit "Scan", it gives you the "All Channels Locked Out" message.
This is a catch-all message that basically means there is nothing to scan. It could be because nothing programmed is enabled, or the typical cause is the scanner lost all of its programming.

I plugged in my programming cable, and it gives me the "Clone Mode" screen.
Note that all you need to do is plug the cable into the scanner, even if the other end is not plugged into a PC, and you'll get that message. It just means the scanner recognizes you've plugged in a cable; not that the cable is correct/etc.

**BUT**, when I click upload on Win97, it won't go to the "Receiving" status bar screen. It just stays on "Clone Mode".
Do NOT use the short pigtail that came with the cable. Make sure the cable is plugged in all the way into the jack.

I tried to hit "0, 1" to reinitialize it, but no help. I did a test program, which is like "1, 2" or something like that, and it appears to go through the banks after that.
Once you reinitialize the scanner, anything you did have programmed is erased. So for sure you now need to reprogram it.

Make sure your batteries are good and charged if not on AC power. Power on the scanner, plug in the cable, click upload from the software. If the software says "sending" and the scanner doesn't recognize it; no sense in continuing. It sounds to me like the data connection from the cable is not making it to the scanner. Which cable are you using? The PRO-97 can use at least 3 different models. There is the old COM version, the 20-047 orange USB version and the newer USB version. I think I even have another brand around here (black) that works on that model.

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
All good tips, but I think I'm past most of that.

I do have the scanner using an AC adaptor and I do have the orange USB adaptor, which I have used with many other scanners, so I know it works.

Again, my problem is that the scanner just isn't accepting an upload, even when the software says "sending" and the orange box is blinking.

I'm all ears for any other suggestions. Maybe I should take a video and post it?

bbedsole

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully, these pictures I've attached will show up. I took them a few days ago after opening up the Pro-2055 to inspect the inside. There is a wide shot of the back of the panel, and then a closeup of the back of the PC/IF and headphone jacks. If you look at the close up shot (Jacob 1), it appears that there should be a 4th gold-colored connection on the upper jack (PC/IF). Can anyone tell me if this would be the reason I can't re-upload through the programming cable? As I stated before, the scanner goes into **CLONE MODE** when I insert the programming cable, and I know the cable is working, but the scanner won't receive it.

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Jacob 1.jpg
    Jacob 1.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 1,333
  • Jacob 2.jpg
    Jacob 2.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,392

SCPD

QRT
just turn off the scanner soon as you turn it back on push pgm and follow the steps on screen to pre program it wil restore your scanner to last working condition

N1BHH

All good tips, but I think I'm past most of that.

I do have the scanner using an AC adaptor and I do have the orange USB adaptor, which I have used with many other scanners, so I know it works.

Again, my problem is that the scanner just isn't accepting an upload, even when the software says "sending" and the orange box is blinking.

I'm all ears for any other suggestions. Maybe I should take a video and post it?

Since the radio is on and the indication is that it is receiving, you are apparently sending data. You must wait until the data sending is finished, or there won't be anything sent. You must also be sure that every channel is not locked out. Once the data transfer is done, you must remove the data cable from the radio. Now step manually through and check that you haven't got anything locked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.