Pro-2055 and more than 1 trunk system per bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketMan1

I have a Pro-2055. On page #71 of the manual it says "you can only scan one type of trunked frequency, either EDACS, Motorola, or LTR in one bank at a time" Before I actually saw this I used win97 to program *BOTH* Will county, Ill, and Kankakee county, Ill in bank #9.
I started with Will county (EDACS) on channel 901 thru 907, then left a blank channel and began with priority channels for Kankakee county (Motorola) of course after each frequency I made sure it showed the oppropriate trunking system, I.E: Motorola, EDACS. but as for the bank itself I chose EDACS over Motorola, don't ask why, I just did. I did not enter any talk group ID's, and I left the bank in open mode.
I am now hearing *BOTH* Will and Kankakee on the same bank regardless of what page #71 says, any idea why? Anybody else able to do this?

SCPD

QRT
The system will appear normal, but have you listened to the trunked system on a another scanner? I found on my PRO scanner that it will miss calls on talkgroups even when scanning the two systems in the same bank. The trunked system is identified in the bank and the radio firmware is looking for that trunked system type when scanning that bank. The fact that you can trick the radio doesn't mean it is working properly. HTH.

RocketMan1

Gotcha, so even though I'm hearing *SOME* traffic I might not be hearing *ALL* traffic.
unfortanately I don't have another scanner that does trunking to verify this. so I guess for the sake of not missing anything, I'll program it correctly, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.