Pro-2055 backlit colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatertj

Anyone know if the lights behind the keypad of the Pro-2055 can be changed? I know the screen cant, but what about the keypad itself? I hate this yellow... I would like green or red.

mancow

Database Admin
Why would you need capacitors? Just replace the LEDs with the appropriate color.

skatertj

Well, i took my scanner apart for a sec to see how easy it would be to get to the led's and there is a metal strand preventing the face to come apart from the circuit board. It looks like the metal that is wrapped around these exhaust connector. Do you know if that goes to something important?

mancow

Database Admin
Which exhaust connector?

I am assuming you are talking about a ground strap. The LEDs are surface mount and if you don't have experience with that type of soldering and unsoldering you will surely cause damage.

mancow

Database Admin
It's totally possible. I did it with the 396T uniden but you need desoldering tools, desolder braid or pump at a minimum and heat gun is best plus a variable temp iron. I've never looked into doing the GREs since I actually like the bright yellow.

skatertj

Well, I really want a new color to match my cars interior better but idk how to do much of that desoldering stuff. I know how to solder led strips together, thats about it....

Status
Not open for further replies.