Pro 2055 Bank Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

foster_006

Is it normal, while scanning conventional, for the bank tag to disappear while stopped on a frequency in use?

I've searched, and only found a few mentions of it.. but no definite answer.

foster_006

I'm not sure I understand their logic on that one! I just bought my 2055 yesterday.. seems like a great scanner! So far, that's my only complaint. The only other times I see the bank tags are in Program mode and while scanning and not receiving anything. Although the bottom line is used while trunking, I find it odd that the bank tags aren't displayed.

I took a chance, after reading about the lcd display problems, and ended up with a date code of 0106. I'm loving the loud volume, as I'm mobile with it! Already installed!! Haha! A bit anxious!

Does anyone know if they plan to fix this in the future?

Tom_G

If I'm not mistaken, I think the PL/DPL are displayed there instead of the bank tag.
If no tones are programmed in, it would be blank.

I would also prefer the bank tag...... !

And yes, The Radio Shack scanners have great audio.
They sound close to commercial quality... :)

foster_006

I think my next question would be..... what's the point in a bank tag then? I don't really care to see what bank it's scanning, only what bank it stops on.

Eh, maybe i'll just use it for trunking!

I just don't like the whole trunking layout of the Pro-Series scanners. Although I'll probably be purchasing a 2096 next. So I guess I better get used to it!

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The CTCSS/DCS info is displayed there.

As far as having it on during scan, i must be one of the few who love that. That way I can see what bank I'm scanning by the alphatag. After using the pro93/2053 (which only showed a banktag while stopped), I must say I greatly prefer the 97/2055 way.

foster_006

You're right! I enjoy being able to see what bank it's scanning.. and I wouldn't be opposed to both ways.. but if I had to choose between the two, I would much prefer seeing the bank tag while stopped. Being a former owner of a 2053, I just got used to having a bank tag displayed when receiving. This is the first alphanumeric scanner i've owned that doesn't do that.

Have you had any problems with your 2055?

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I've had my 2055 mounted to the dash of my car since the 1st day I got it. I cloned my 97 to it, and rigged a mount to velcro it to the dash right where my 2053 was. I just have a RS 800 rubber duck sticking out of the back, but it seems to do well enough for whatever county I'm in.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Grog said:
The CTCSS/DCS info is displayed there.

As far as having it on during scan, i must be one of the few who love that. That way I can see what bank I'm scanning by the alphatag. After using the pro93/2053 (which only showed a bank tag while stopped), I must say I greatly prefer the 97/2055 way.
AMEN!

I always thought that whatever one had as a `channel tag' was more than enough to tell one just what it was one was listening to whenever it stopped on an active channel. {EW GRIN!} I was quite happy when I discovered that it *did* provide the `bank tag' instead just being blank like on my 2096/96s.

Just an `Olde Fart's' 2¢ worth. {CHORTLE!}

foster_006

Maybe I'm too picky?! I really enjoy alphanumeric displays! I remember my first scanner...a pro 51.. it was a nontrunking non-alphanumeric scanner.

As far as the channel tag, I separate by counties.. and label the channels for.. let's say SO dispatch as "Sheriff West" or "Sheriff Dispatch"..... when you see that more than once in several banks.. it gets quite confusing. And since the numbers for the frequency are so small.. it's hard to look to see who it is when driving down the road.

Does the 2096 do the same thing as the 2055?

Status
Not open for further replies.