pro 2055 ctcss/dcs

Status
Not open for further replies.

usnasa

hello all i have a pro 2055 quick question on trunking do you need to enter in all talk groups manually or can you just put in the control channels on this radio being it has ctcss/dcs mode ? thanks to all
and how do i alph tags ? book is not very clear to me

Last edited:

jeffrey420

Trunking

You need to set the mode to MOT for the channels. Plus set the bank to MOT. The talkgroups will come up and then you can save them. If you want a text tag fir the talk group, it will have to be done by you.

To get going faster you can use the database for your area here on RR. I would suggest downloading Win97 and using that to program the radio. It has a free 30 day trial, and then it is only $25 I think. Win97 makes things so much easier and then you would have a backup of all your data.

usnasa

thanks so i can just add the control channels and it will give me all the talk groups for that trunk very cool and i have a copy of scancat demo can i use that and thanks

scanjunkie

usnasa said:
hello all i have a pro 2055 quick question on trunking do you need to enter in all talk groups manually or can you just put in the control channels on this radio being it has ctcss/dcs mode ?
Just so you are aware the CTCSS/DCS has nothing to do with trunking systems. They are used with conventional freqs.

jeffrey420

It won't give them to you but they will come up as it recieves signal. You will then have to save them and enter a text tag. Scan cat lite will work, but Win97 works much better and programs the radio much faster.

n4voxgill

Silent Key
ctcss is continuous tone conctroled squelch and dcs is digital coded squelch. Neiter is used on a trunked system. They are used on conventional frequencies, but I have been scanning for 40 years and own 15 scanners, but I have never used either. CTCSS and DCS limit what you can hear, and I always to hear all that I could. The wiki on this site will explain what they do, but basically they close your audio until the correct tone is head at which time then you hear the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.