pro-2055 NJ State police

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleK911

How do you just listen to one talk group on the NJ state police trunked system? It is picking up too much different things and I can not follow just one conversation.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I do not believe that scanner is digital capable. It would not be able to follow a digital trunked system. I am not familiar with that model so this is just a guess.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Buy a Pro-106 from radioshack. Its a decent radio. It is not TDMA capable and has much trouble following P-25 Phase II. I have heard Phase II conversations, but it has trouble unpacking the information and bits and pieces are broken. Since they still use the Motorola Omnilink and most talkgroups are analog. Most trunking scanners should be able to listen in. This is 2014 now, so its worth just bending over and purchasing a digital trunking scanner like the Pro-106. Or the GRE-PSR 800. That states it can unpack the voice for TDMA Phase II.

germwad86

Ok, I can help you out here.

Enter the talkgroup number(s) you want to listen too.... for example,
36592 8ef A C3-04 Cntrl 4-COMM Dispatch - Central

Any you don't want to listen too, Lock Out or just don't program into the scanner.

Then you need to scan with the bank closed and it will only scan and stop on the talkgroup(s) that you entered manually instead of any talk group that comes up. To close the bank, hit manual, hit function then the .delay button. Then as the scanner scans, instead of having a Plus + sign, there should be a Minus - sign indicating the bank is closed.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I do not believe that scanner is digital capable. It would not be able to follow a digital trunked system. I am not familiar with that model so this is just a guess.

Very little of the NJSP TRS is digital at this time, Only about 5%, mostly fish and wildlife talk groups.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Like I said before just buy a digital trunking scanner. Eventually all radios will either be fully digital or encrypted ( plus digital). Midas well buy something more cutting edge today cause lets face it two way radios are advancing faster than any modern day scanner and cell phones are right above that.

robnj74

Premium Subscriber
The scanner cannot track it because it does not support rebranding. The NJSP system is rebranded, as such you will need a scanner that supports the rebranding. You may also want to upgrade to a digital scanner to get all the talkgroups (though not required).

Rob
K2RJJ

KyleK911

Thanks for the replys guys. I answered my own question. It was as simple as pressing the pause button so i can listen to one talk group at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.