Pro-2055 Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4HG

Premium Subscriber
I just bought the subject radio from eBay with known problems. I am hoping that the ribbon cable repair will be all it needs. Since I have an RS 20-247 programming cable for my PSR400, I am assuming this cable will work wit the 2055..will it? Will I need the mono adapter or should I use the straight stereo connection?

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
Shoulda bought mine...

I just bought the subject radio from eBay with known problems. I am hoping that the ribbon cable repair will be all it needs. Since I have an RS 20-247 programming cable for my PSR400, I am assuming this cable will work wit the 2055..will it? Will I need the mono adapter or should I use the straight stereo connection?

Anyway, that cable will work. I use it on all my RS/GRE radios. The 2055 doesn't need the adapter, it just plugs right in, and goes into clone mode. Be sure to set the comm port on the program you're using. As for the repair, it's more of a PITA to take the radio apart than to do the fix. Good Luck!

KK4HG

Premium Subscriber
Good deal. Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm aware of the PITA principal but I am used to it. That's what I do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.