PRO-2055 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluefeather

A couple weeks ago I bought a Radio Shack PRO-2055 Triple Trunking Mobile/Base Scanner. I printed the Los Alamos County frequency information on this web site and proceeded to read the manual to learn how to program the scanner. I had no problem programming the Los Alamos Police Dispatch frequency (458.450). I have been unable to figure out how to program the police or fire talk groups. The manual doesn’t mention how to input the DEC or AFS numbers of the talk group.
Can anybody help me with this? I live in Los Alamos but would be willing to travel to Santa Fe or Albuquerque.
David Little
662-6133

jeffrey420

Bluefeather said:
A couple weeks ago I bought a Radio Shack PRO-2055 Triple Trunking Mobile/Base Scanner. I printed the Los Alamos County frequency information on this web site and proceeded to read the manual to learn how to program the scanner. I had no problem programming the Los Alamos Police Dispatch frequency (458.450). I have been unable to figure out how to program the police or fire talk groups. The manual doesn’t mention how to input the DEC or AFS numbers of the talk group.
Can anybody help me with this? I live in Los Ala mos but would be willing to travel to Santa Fe or Albuquerque.
David Little
662-6133

That dispatch freq. doesn't require talk groups since it is not a trunked freq. That one is conventional. The freq you would use is actually 453.450. The input freq is what the repeater receives.

The note for talk groups is referring to the system linked below.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&sid=227

You should program the above edacs system in your scanner. You might also consider trying win97, and get the cable to program the scanner. It makes life much easier. When you program the talk groups use the DEC number.

Last edited:

Bluefeather

Pro-2055

Thanks Jeffrey, I downloaded Win97 and bought the cable. The Radio Shack cable (20-289) has been discontinued but I found one at a store in Santa Fe. Win97 really makes programming a lot easier. I have only used it one day but I think I'll pay the $25 just to support the programmer.
I programmed all the "System Frequencies" listed on this web site for Los Alamos County (http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1807) and also the fire and police talk groups. Now I'm getting more traffic than I want. Some of the traffic I am getting is not from the fire or police departments.
Is there anybody I can communicate with via email to ask an occasional question until I get this thing figured out?
RDLittle@LosAlamos.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.