PRO 2055 Remote Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgoodson

Feed Provider
I am interested in buying a PRO 2055, and was under the impression it could be remotely programmed via a PC interface.... that is, set up all the frequencies, tones, alpha tags on a computer then load the data into the radio via the serial link.

I downloaded the PRO 2055 manual, and I don't see any specific discussion of such a capability... I do see "cloning", where data is moved from one scanner to another scanner, but not to and from a PC.

Can someone clarify if a PC can be used. If not how tedious is it to manually enter about 300 freqs, PL tones and alpha tags?

Also, what is the max length of an alpha tag?

Thanks

RadioMarkW

Yes it can be programed by computer using a software program like Don Starr's Win 97.

The Alpha tags can be 16 characters long.

Look up the pro-97/2055 in the Wiki under Radio Shack radios.

M

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Be sure to get one with an "06" datecode, and you should be just fine. I've used my 2055 every day since I've bought it, and it's a fantactic scanner. The pro 97, which is it's brother, is great as well.

The ability to see how strong a signal you are getting on a trunking control channel is one of the un (or under) documented features.

rpowley

I agree with Grog. The 2055 was the last scanner that I purchased - It did take a lot of shopping around for a '06 date code, but that was a couple of months ago. It's a great scanner, especially for the price.

RSHWNBE

Grog said:
The ability to see how strong a signal you are getting on a trunking control channel is one of the un (or under) documented features.

Where do you see this on the scanner?

jeffrey420

RSHWNBE said:
Where do you see this on the scanner?

On the back there is a tag with the date code, for example 06A05. First two digits the month and second two numbers the year. When they are saying 06 in the previous post they are referring to the year. The date codes with the most display problems were 09A05.

Last edited:

RSHWNBE

I was asking about the trunking signal strength thing. See the quote in my previous post.

jeffrey420

RSHWNBE said:
I was asking about the trunking signal strength thing. See the quote in my previous post.

My error.... getting late.

I think what he meant by that was when you manually listen to a control channel and hear the loud control channel sound. Look at the bottom of the display, it will give a % of signal usable.

RSHWNBE

jeffrey420 said:
My error.... getting late.

I think what he meant by that was when you manually listen to a control channel and hear the loud control channel sound. Look at the bottom of the display, it will give a % of signal usable.

Yeah it appears to do it for each ID# I have saved to the bank that uses that frequency

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have my pro2055 since July of 2006 date 09A05 been on since no problems with mine still scans and stuff. It stays on 24/7

usnasa

does anyone know how to delete all the freq and the talkgroups for this unit manual is not very helpful looking to reload a new list using win 97 will it overwrite what i have in there now including all of my talkgroups ?

thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.