Pro 2055 Triple Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief701

Anyone got one ? I am feeling like a dummy trying to get it to pick up freq.... Do I need a Bigger Hammer ?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A 'bigger hammer'? Nah, but maybe a better understanding of what you want to hear is in order.

Let's start with some basic information; where you are (county/state is good), what is it you are trying to hear and what your antenna situation (if any) is like.

Go up to the blue toolbar under the site title, float your mouse over Database then use the pulldowns to get to your area. C'mon back with the URL in the database that points to the freq(s) you are trying to hear.

best regards..Mike

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Chief701 a quick trip to radioshack and buy a PRO-163 sold out online for 149.99 or buy online a gre-410 buy a copy of win97 and the usb program cable prem membership and scanning will be much more enjoyable. That scanner you have will work but boy is it a handfull sometime. The GRE-410 will do narrow band better.

n5ims

Anyone got one ? I am feeling like a dummy trying to get it to pick up freq.... Do I need a Bigger Hammer ?

If you can tell us what specifically you want to pick up (preferrable with a link to it from the RR database in addition to telling us in your own words would be very helpful and may allow one of us to provide you with specific instructions or even a file you can upload). Without knowing specifically what you want to pick up, only fairly general answers can be provided. Kind of like asking "Can someone tell me how I can drive to Joe's Bar from Route 79?" We kinda need to know which "Joe's Bar" and which "Route 79" to give you good directions.

First off, there are several different types of systems around so it's possible that the one you want to pick up isn't compatible with the Pro-2055. The Pro-2055 is rather old and there have been changes made to how older systems work as well as newer technology systems gone live, which the 2055 just can't pick up. Many other systems will work just fine, even though it's an older scanner.

Second, you have several options on making the programming of that scanner easier. It can be done from the keypad, but this isn't always the easiest thing to do successfully, especially at first. If you want to try it, some links from the RR WIKI on that scanner (Pro-2055 - The RadioReference Wiki) may help to make it a bit easier than trying to use the manual. Some to start with are these:

Programming Shortcut pro-2055 - The RadioReference Wiki
http://www.qsl.net/ah7e/pdf/pro97-EDACS.pdf (this is for programming an EDACS system type)
http://www.qsl.net/ah7e/pdf/pro97-LTR.pdf (this is for programming an LTR system type)

Or the easier to read manual that makes it much easier than the printed one does:
Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual

The other programming option is to use software, which makes programming the scanner much easier. You have a few options here, but they all cost about $40 or so, but all generally have a 30 day free trial for the unrestricted (except for the 30 day time limit) software. I use WIN-97, but the others do a fine job as well. The main difference is how they lay things out, not what scanner features they give you access to so try them all and buy the one that works closest to how your mind "gets it". You will need the RS or GRE programming cable to use them though. With most of them (and a premium RR membership) you can even use the software to select the desired system(s) from the RR database and upload them to your scanner, making the process very easy and virtually eliminates mistakes!

This link from the WIKI should allow you to find them all:
PSR-300/400 Software and USB Support - The RadioReference Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.