Pro 2055/ WIn97 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgoodson

Feed Provider
Couple of questions to start the day. I'm using WIN97

1. Its not completely clear to me... when programming a MOT trunk system, must you enter ALL the system frequencies, or just the control channels.

2. I don't see a way to put an alpha tag on a trunking group....

thanks

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
1. Any non CC frequency will be ignored during scan because the active CC will match the voice frequency with the talkgroup. Program only controls - even they when not on duty as CC, will be assigned by the current CC, not by the scanner rotation through the channels.

2. Attached: Tags for freqs on the left and talkgroups on lower right.

Last edited:

dgoodson

Feed Provider
Thanks for #1,

Im still confused about #2...

I understand tagging FREQUENCIES on the left, and INDIVIDUAL talkgroups in the lower right, but in the screen shot you sent, for example, shows group 0 selected and the TGs listed are part of group 0 and seem to be EMS related. My question is, is there away to alpha-tag the "0" (to the LEFT) of the checked "ON" box to show that the individual TGs in that Group 0 are "EMS" for example?

Thanks

seamusg

dgoodson said:
Thanks for #1,

Im still confused about #2...

I understand tagging FREQUENCIES on the left, and INDIVIDUAL talkgroups in the lower right, but in the screen shot you sent, for example, shows group 0 selected and the TGs listed are part of group 0 and seem to be EMS related. My question is, is there away to alpha-tag the "0" (to the LEFT) of the checked "ON" box to show that the individual TGs in that Group 0 are "EMS" for example?

Thanks
There is no Aplpa tags for the TG sub groups, there are alpha tags for the bank, channels and talkgroups, but not for sub groups.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
seamusg is correct, though line 4 will display the alpha tag you list in the sub-bank, which should be related to the agency using the talkgroup. I set each sub-bank up by agency within the city/county trunked system. I.e., in this Las Vegas case, Fire/EMS are in sub-bank 0 and 1, Law Enforcement is in sub-bank 2 (samples attached). Using PGM>TRUNK, you can go into the sub-banks and toggle them on/off or toggle them off (un-select) in Win97 then load to scanner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.