Pro 2055

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Whatever information you're seeing on ScannerMaster's website that suggests the PRO-2055's firmware can be updated to support rebanding, it is not correct.

The PRO-2055 does not, cannot and will not support rebanding. I'm sorry, but that's the bottom line.

Rebanding - The RadioReference Wiki

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You're welcome.

What system are you concerned about? There is a very small possibility that the scanner may still function post-reband, depending on the specific frequencies being used.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
If it's the Santa Clara County Motorola system, then I'm afraid the PRO-2055 will not work properly with those frequencies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Alameda County's Motorola system won't work.

Oakland/Piedmont's EDACS system will work fine since it's not a Motorola system, and thus not affected by rebanding.

Oakland/Piedmont's P25 system is digital, obviously.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
EDACS systems *are* impacted by rebanding; but you don't need to have a firmware fix or custom table for them. Just reprogram the frequencies by reducing them by 15 mhz and keep the LCN in mind. The Oakland/Piedmont EDACS system is a case in point. It's not flagged in the database because no special tables are needed to track it.

best regards..Mike

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
EDACS systems *are* impacted by rebanding; but you don't need to have a firmware fix or custom table for them. Just reprogram the frequencies by reducing them by 15 mhz and keep the LCN in mind. The Oakland/Piedmont EDACS system is a case in point. It's not flagged in the database because no special tables are needed to track it.

best regards..Mike

I am fully aware of that, thank you. My point was that with an EDACS system, you simply need to enter the new frequencies (not necessarily always 15 MHz lower, although that is generally the case). The issue with Motorola systems is that they rely on FCC channel #'s, which are coded into the scanner's firmware. If that firmware is not able to be updated with the new channel #'s, the scanner is unable to properly track the Motorola TRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.