pro 2055

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJCTXS

I have a pro 2055 scanner. I downloaded the conventional frequencies from radioreference.com and they work fine but I tried to down load some trunked frequencies and the scanner is not picking up anything.
Am I missing a step here or is there something else I need to do to get them to work?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It's almost impossible to diagnose this without a bit more information. What system are you trying to hear? How far away are you from it in relation to this system? Are you using an outdoor antenna? Are you programming this manually or with software?

If you step through the channels manually and you don't hear a loud motorboating type sound (assuming it's a Motorola type system) on one of the channels, then it can't trunk. If the sound is too weak, it may not be able to lock onto it.

More info needed...Mike

CJCTXS

I used a program psr edit-300 to download the Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola
Motorola Type II SmartZone directly into the scanner from radio reference.com. The scanner does not stop on anything while scanning. I am using an indoor antenna that came with the scanner. I am about 1 mile from the system.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I used a program psr edit-300 to download the Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola
Motorola Type II SmartZone directly into the scanner from radio reference.com. The scanner does not stop on anything while scanning. I am using an indoor antenna that came with the scanner. I am about 1 mile from the system.
CJCTXS,
You're trying to monitor the analog version of TxWARN, which is this one:
Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Motorola Trunking System, Metro Houston area, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

You have not specified your location, nor which site you're trying to monitor, but if any of the frequencies for the site you are trying to import and monitor have something other than a 5 in the fourth decimal place, then your Pro-2055 will not work. To monitor those sites correctly, you must also load the custom band plan for rebanded systems. While PSREdit300 may show them in place, your Pro-2055 cannot be programmed with the band plan. It's firmware, unlike that of the successor model Pro163, could not be updated to support updated systems.

For more on rebanding, see this article in the Wiki. To monitor this system, you will need a rebanding capable scanner. While there are a number to choose from, the eventual migration of users from the analog TxWARN to the digital system suggests that perhaps an upgrade to a digital scanner, rather than another analog, would be a better move.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Site ID 014
Agency group: Harris county- Humble
To monitor Site 014, you would need a rebanding friendly scanner. Unfortunately, while the software, PSREdit300, does create the custom tables need for this site, your Pro-2055 is not able to use that information. It's firmware cannot be updated to accept the tables.

Site ID 027
Harris county sheriff
I am located in Humble.
Since all of the listed frequencies for this site (027) have a 5 in the fourth decimal place, no custom table is required.Remove the Site 014 frequencies, and just use Site 027.

However, you may want to check either down in the Texas Forum, or over on the Houston-Scan Yahoo group. I see Harris County S.O. talkgroups on both the analog system you're trying to program, as well as the digital version of TxWARN. Someone in the Houston Metro area would have a better idea of which is used more, than I do.

CJCTXS

Thanks for your help. I guess I will be in the market for a new digital scanner. I am just a getting started and have alot to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.