Pro-2066, power in the home

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyhat

Got an RS Pro-2066 for $10 at a yard sale, no power cables. I want to set it up in the house, any suggestions for a good place to get a power cord.

Thanks in advance.

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
-U.S. Army Infantry Journal

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
jimmyhat said:
Got an RS Pro-2066 for $10 at a yard sale, no power cables. I want to set it up in the house, any suggestions for a good place to get a power cord.

Thanks in advance.

You need to get one of these: http://www.universal-radio.com/CATALOG/hamps/2184.html

A simple power cord won't do - it's designed to be wired into a fuse box in a car. But one of these will do the job nicely, infact you could power 2 more scanners with it at the same time if you wanted to.

An alternative to consider is a setup I put together once that consisted of a trickle charger connected to an actual car battery, which was used to power 6 base scanners. The plus side to this setup is that it worked even when the power went out. I could run those scanners 24/7 for several days without external power if needed :D

-AZ

Highpockets

jimmyhat said:

Thanks in advance.

The manual calls for a ac adapter, Radio Shack Cat. # 273-1652, look in the wiki section, radio shack scanners, 2066, you'll see a section that will take you to a link where you can see the manual, parts list, etc...

mcema699

AD Adapter

Highpockets said:
The manual calls for a ac adapter, Radio Shack Cat. # 273-1652, look in the wiki section, radio shack scanners, 2066, you'll see a section that will take you to a link where you can see the manual, parts list, etc...

273-1562 is no longer available. Using specs from it translates to a 273-1374 as the replacement.

There are others on the RS site with more amperage, but 500ma is all you need.

Last edited:

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Odd, I thought the 2066 was one of those scanners with just the wires hanging out the back for wiring into a car. Must be thinking of the 2026 - now that's some old school scannin' - dating myself a bit here.

My bad - go with what the previous posters said. I stand... well sit... corrected. :D

-AZ

Highpockets

mcema699 said:
273-1562 is no longer available. Using specs from it translates to a 273-1374 as the replacement.

There are others on the RS site with more amperage, but 500ma is all you need.

Thank you, I only went by the manual to help, at least he'll be able pick up the one you posted.

jimmyhat

Awesome, found exactly what I need. Thank you everyone.

tj20

I am glad you found what you needed. The 2066 was my first trunktracker back in 2000 I soon noticed when I used an ac adapter it would make a buzzing sound through the speaker. I was told to buy adapter 273-1667 and it stopped the buzzing, I hope you don't have that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.