PRO-2067 car installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

jibarux

Hello
I would like to fit the scanner at DIN hole of the car but I see the scanner is smaller than the DIN hole
I dont know if there is any accessory for that
May you help me ?
thanks

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Hello
I would like to fit the scanner at DIN hole of the car but I see the scanner is smaller than the DIN hole
I dont know if there is any accessory for that
May you help me ?
thanks
This is DIN install, a couple of pieces of balsa painted black are glued inside the escutcheon on each side to fill the 3/8" gap per side. This Pro-2097 was installed in Feb 01 when car was new and replaced with a Pro-2096 in Feb 05 and it was replaced with a PSR-600 this past Feb.

Last edited:

jibarux

Pro-2067

Ok
I will try. I think it has some difficulty for me.
Thanks for your help.

jibarux

Pro-2067

How did you connect the antenna ?
May I use the cars antenna ?
Thanks again

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Car is a 2001 Saturn LW200 which is the large wagon. I chose this because the radio console was not the deluxe model. It had a catch all pocket with its brackets screwed into bottom of AM/FM/CD receiver.

I removed the escutcheon, removed the 2 screws holding the radio in place then removed and disconnected it for reshaping the pocket brackets for mounting the scanner to. Then drilled a hole through each bracket for threading screws into existing scanner threads. (used common flat head screws) This arrangement mounts the top of scanner flat against the radio receiver.

The antenna is a Radio Shack through glass which is mounted on right rear glass behind right rear seat. The cable is run down side molding of rear seat, below molding on rear door, under carpet of right front seat to center console between front seats. Then forward and up behind dash to scanner. Power is also at an always hot source in center console (including ground) and runs beside cable to scanner.

A good quality speaker is plugged in to speaker jack and runs to floor and blares out of center console side. A Radio Shack cable (42-2472) is plugged into the PC/IF jack with the female (normally closed) end feed through a plastic knock out in bottom of ashtray (directly below temp control system). Excess of this cable is weaved back and forth to allow storing in the removed ashtray fitting and cover is normally closed until needing to clone with a Pro-92 or program with laptop. If cloning is needed, you will need the cable which came with scanner to plug between a 92 and the female end in ashtray. This then puts 92 and 2067 in clone mode. If laptop is use, the programming cable plugged in puts 2067 in clone mode ready to work with laptop and free Win92 software.

BTW, this car has around 40,000 miles towed behind a motorhome (reason I chose Saturn). A break away safety system is installed (in event it breaks loose while driving down the hiway). The cable (2 wire) controlling this system runs from its front mounting plug, through the firewall and is threaded through the knock out in ashtray and weaved for storing until needed for towing.

D

DaveNF2G

I think the issue of the 2067 not being exactly DIN standard is addressed in its user manual, isn't it?

jibarux

Pro-2067

I think its smaller than a DIN. I will use a device to fit it.
I hope to find a good way.
I will send a photo.
bye

jibarux

PRO-2067 in car Photos

hello
I send some photos of pro-2067 installation at mercedes ml-270
I think its good solution
the antenna is the cars one (radio) and I think its not as good as I would like, the reception is not good
may be you can tell me any device to help the reception
I dont want to install any external antenna
thanks again !!!

Attachments

• Imagen005.jpg
    Imagen005.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 615
  • Imagen004.jpg
    Imagen004.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 587

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
hello
I send some photos of pro-2067 installation at mercedes ml-270
I think its good solution
the antenna is the cars one (radio) and I think its not as good as I would like, the reception is not good
may be you can tell me any device to help the reception
I dont want to install any external antenna
thanks again !!!
[FONT=&quot]20-011 This glass mount works for me as per my previous. Do not get 21-802 which is a CB antenna.
[/FONT]

jibarux

antenna

thanks again
I think its difficult to find an item from Radio Shack in Spain so I will look for any similar
Do you have aby photo of that ?
bye

Status
Not open for further replies.