PRO-2067 receiving problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerDave

I have a mot type 2 system programmed and sometimes it receives loud and clear and sometimes it is all broken up. Any adjustments on the scanner to fix this. Thanks and happy holidays.

Dave B.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
When you are driving, you might just be travelling through a "dead coverage area". Just like cell phones. Dead coverage happens to me all the time with my scanner in a certain part of town.

Hope This Helps,
Colin :D

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
If this is happening to you while mobile, it's likely that you need to do the squelch mod spoken of at this link:

http://strongsignals.net/access/boards/old/trunking/messages/5596.html

This was the case with the PRO-2067 and PRO-92A and B scanners. The squelch circuit is way too tight and causes "picket fencing" while mobile. This squelch mod makes a SIGNIFICANT difference, and is extremely easy to do for the 2067.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
Might need this mod

I know this is a VERY VERY old thread but I was working with some 2067 scanners over the weekend I use for software monitoring and was noticing an issue similar to this but the link is dead to the strongsignals site. I would love to know about this mod but can't seem to find any info on it. Any ideas or remember what the mod was or where to find it now?

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
Well, here we go again. Another thread revival.

I searched through the forum but did not see exactly what is happening to me.

Trunking the Moto system with PRO 2067 and every so often the audio bursts open on the CC and just sits there grinding. Press scan and it goes back to trunking for a few minutes then does it again. Squelch cranked all the way up seems to make minimal difference.

Does not seem this mod will help????

I am about 5 km or so from transmitter with powerful signal strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.