PRO-2096 AC adapter / plug-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
I have been looking for an AC adaptor and plug for my PRO-2096 (have no idea where mine went and have been using it in my car with the cigar plug). None of the Radio Shacks here have them and I just got a cancellation letter from RadioShack Direct where I had ordered one online stating that they are backordered and they do not know when they will be back in stock!

Any ideas out there? The adaptor doesn't seem to be anything special and I could probably rewire my cigar plug but would rather not do that. However, the Radio Shacks here could not even find a plug that fits the scanner!

kevins669

Database Admin
If the AC Adaptor is backordered, you can use any 12vdc-out adapter, and have RS order the following:

RSU Part # 12429254 CABLE ASSY DC W/2A FUSE

Attach to the end, and you are done.

-- Kevin

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
THANKS! Wish out local RS folks could figure that out! I have been asking them for alternatives...

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
kevins669 said:
If the AC Adaptor is backordered, you can use any 12vdc-out adapter, and have RS order the following:

RSU Part # 12429254 CABLE ASSY DC W/2A FUSE

Attach to the end, and you are done.

-- Kevin

I went in to switch my order and RSU is showing that cable is backordered and unavailable also... The RS employee suggested that I open up the scanner and soldier a new, more readily available jack into it.

TES

KAA951 said:
. . . the Radio Shacks here could not even find a plug that fits the scanner!
The part that fits the power input on your PRO-2096 is the Radio Shack Adaptaplug "T", discontinued by Radio Shack for some time now. The business end of Adaptaplug T is an EIAJ RC-5320A type 5 plug. Google EIAJ 5 or EIAJ-05 and you'll get a lot of hits. You may have trouble finding a vendor selling lots of one or two at a reasonable price.

I have six of the plugs on my desk as I type. I got them here: http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Ntt=171-6014

I can't help you the the 12-volt power supply.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I should have read a little more before I had posted what I had here.
73's

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.