PRO 2096 After ARC95 upload, won't scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

imjohnd

PRO 2096 After ARC96 upload, won't scan.

The PRO 2096 was working ok and scanning the limited number of freqs I had manually loaded.

I purchased ARC96 and retrieved several banks of freqs from RadioRef.

After uploading that data to my scanner, the scanner will no longer scan.

I can open the squelch all the way and there's no static noise (volume all the way up.)

I programmed banks 0 through 5 and 0 blinks but doesn't move on, even though the screen says, "Scan up . . . "

I'm new to programming the scanner other than manually, but trying to learn.

If I press PROG, I can step through the channels and they are loaded with the freqs I selected in ARC96.

Not sure where to go from here.

Any help appreciated.

John

Last edited:

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Its likely that the software downloaded and programmed subtones and then you will not hear noise when opening the squelch.
Why do you think it is not actually scanning? During scanning the active bank number will blink.

Gommert
Butel Software

imjohnd

Thanks for the reply.

If selecting manually, all the uploaded frequencies are present and there is noise on the FM channels (that I can squelch out).

No noise on the CT channels, which is to be expected? No noise on any channel in the scan mode.

When I scan (with all banks active) only one bank blinks and it says its scanning up; however I've had it on most of the day and there hasn't been any activity on any channel and that bank is usually quite active.

I can change the channel that blinks by double punching another bank number, but then only that one blinks. It doesn't walk through the banks as it normally does.

John

imjohnd

* * * * * PROBLEM SOLVED * * * * *

Programmed frequencies had errors.

I manually stepped through the channels and compared the frequencies to RadioReference.com and most were off (not much, but enough.)

Not sure what happened since I originally imported into them ARC96 from RR and uploaded them to the scanner. (My first time to use RR and ARC96)

I reinitialized the scanner and redid the import/upload and it's working fine now.

Thanks everyone.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.