Pro-2096 and stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Could someone who has successfully gotten stars to work on their RadioShack pro-2096 please send me a pm with the files that they used to make it work? Even after entering in the correct settings , I still cannot get the pro-2096 to track the stars system. Thank you.

Last edited:

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
after entering RR info for the area and you must then go to Multi-table for both 3600 and 9600 and then click extended tables. That should work for you.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Still Having Problems

I have the latest bought version of Win96 1.74. I have the Virginia STARS system programmed as a Motorola system (NO Project 25) mode available. I have programmed in the frequencies directly from RadioReference. I have hit extended tables for both Motorola 3600 and 9600 and entered the correct variables.

When entering the frequency for Bear Den Mountain 161.8625, it still automatically goes to 161.865. It does that for another frequency as well although when I enter 152.7125 it keeps it just fine. Now when I upload all of this to the scanner, it just sits there on 152.7125 and gives me the motorboating sound and displays FM aind DG. NO intelligible sound coming out. All of the talkgroups are entered correctly. Extended Frequencies are enabled.

I've about had it with this scanner. Can someone please help me? I've never had this many problems with a scanner before.

Attachments

• Jerome2096-Win96Home.jpg
    Jerome2096-Win96Home.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Jerome2096-Win96Bank6.jpg
    Jerome2096-Win96Bank6.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Looks like you need to change all the receive mode to motorola. Not fm. That's what I had to do with my pro 96 to work with moswin.

BaLa

...and I would suggest removing what appears to be your Phone number from the Internets.

The CCs need to be set to MO else it won't work.
You need the Corrrect Extended Tables or it won't work.

And last but not least, need to be able to PU one of the Control Channels.
Oh and if it rounds it up a little it should be OK.

The Motorboating is most likely the Control Channel.
On the bottom of the Screen it should show

96:SY19E (scroll through Txxxx) and BEE00 xx%

96 = 9600 Control Channel
SY = System ID

The % will be decode quality or whatever.

Last edited:

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your responses

I did change the Control Channels to motorola and instantly I started picking up the state police and DGIF. Thank you all. Anymore tips would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.