Pro-2096 Clone Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayEMTFF

Have a Issue here. I have had this scanner for a long time. I use this for my truck. Today I bought a Radio Shack program and using the free trial of ACR96. When I plug it in to the PC I get CLONE MODE! I add all the freq I need when to go to download nothing comes up on the scanner, but the green light is coming on on the wire ( 20-456) PC tells me after download to unplug the wire. Do that and I still get no Ch. programmed in the scanner. HELP!!!

RayEMTFF

Still searching for help on here on the Forums and the internet still no luck. Again When I plug the Cable in it goes to CLONE MODE. When I go to SEND using the ACR96 it tells me its sending Data and a green lite come on the cable. But the Scanner is not doing anything just stays on CLONE MODE. is there something I'm missing?

jamesa53

Whenever you plug the cable in if the radio is on it says Clone Mode even if you are programming with a PC. Have you tried different COM ports in the soft wear? I use Win 96 so don't know how to set this in Arc 96.

Also the cable requires a driver which hopefully is installed. If the soft wear is uploading properly there will be a series of squares on the display that progresses from left to right on the scanner display

Both the green and red lights should blink on the cable I think you have the wrong COM port selected in arc 96

Last edited:

RayEMTFF

Butel I haven't used the short wire if that's what you r talking about thanks for the heads up on that one. Wasn't sure what that was for till I read it was for some other scanners

jamesa53

Thx James I really believe it could be a COM port when I go to it it comes up as COM 5 I guess I have to figure out how to change it.

Should be under Configuration or Port or Settings on that software, Gommert is posting in this thread he wrote the software maybe it isn't changeable?

Go to device manager and see which com port it's useing in XP that's control panel > system > hardware then device manager is on that box then expand Ports COM and LPT, the software should match what device manager says

Last edited:

RayEMTFF

Hey James Yeah went through ports 1-16 like it told me tried everyone and all I got is the green like nothing on the scanner with the boxes. So I don't know if its ACR might have to try Win96

jamesa53

Mine blinks green and red when uploading just did it today to update a couple talk groups, man that thing is slow compared to the upload to the 106 LOL

Download win 96 free 30 day trial and try that

Status
Not open for further replies.