Pro 2096 Display Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
Is there any place i can get a new replacement display for my pro 2096. the back light comes on but there are no letters or numbers being displayed. so i can only assume that it needs replaced.

thanks

hoser147

Check out sending it in to Radio Shack. Other than that you can often find units on Ebay that are non working for parts, but that would be a gamble. I recently sent my 96 into them $50 up front, got it back in a few weeks works like a charm.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
You can go to any Radio Shack store and the sales person can look up part numbers on line for many (Not All) items sold at Radio Shack. When I get to the store on Monday, I will look up the part number for you and post it here.

wv8mat

Premium Subscriber
that would be great thanks, i know the people at our local radio shack are barley able to make change let along figure out what part numbers are. lol

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Is there any place i can get a new replacement display for my pro 2096. the back light comes on but there are no letters or numbers being displayed. so i can only assume that it needs replaced.

thanks

Part number 12429270 for the LCD will cost $42.79 plus shipping and is In Stock. Before ordering this part, take the radio apart, remove the LCD cable at the circuit board end and clean it with an alcohol swab and reassemble. Be sure to put the ribon cable in and out of the connector 4 or 5 times before final assembly, display may come back to life.

Attachments

• L90662.jpg
    L90662.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.