pro 2096 display

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEBUCKO

Premium Subscriber
Just lost the display on my PRO 2096. Suggestions? The darn thing isn’t very old, maybe just over a year and is still scanning and broadcasting great. :)

Last edited:

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like the typical display problem. Try a search on here or google most suggest cutting the ribbon connection or even just cleaning around the connection.

dwh367

Just lost the display on my PRO 2096. Suggestions? The darn thing isn’t very old, maybe just over a year and is still scanning and broadcasting great. :)

I guess I have been lucky so far as the display, on the PRO-2096 I use for my feed, has went blank a couple of times and simply "rebooting" it has fixed the problem.

W9NES

I had the same problem with my Pro-2096 and I sent it back to Radio Shack Repair and they fixed the problem and I got a 1 year warranty to cover the repair and the updated my firmware while it was in for repairs.

hamflying

Premium Subscriber
Cut the ribbon that goes from the display to the PC board ever so slightly. I have done this and now it's been working great for over a year now...

W9NES

Yes but it is better to have Radio Shack do it and you know it will be done right and it will have a warranty with it and you can "Request" that the firmware be updated while it is being repaired.

rmiller818

Thanks, do I just take it to the local Radio Shack and ask them to have it repaired?

Yep, it will be $20 upfront to cover shipping cost to have it sent to the facility, if it requires repairs over $20 then they apply that $20 upfront to the total cost.

emscapt9816

Retired, but somehow working harder now...
Premium Subscriber
My dispaly on my 2096 just did the same thing. It took longer to take apart the radio than it did to clean the connector with a matchbook. Works perfectly. No need to cut the ribbon cable. It's the same repair as the 2055.

bmlure

Premium Subscriber
I took mine to my local store in Chambersburg and the kids that work there said that Radio Shack never repaired their scanners.I told them that they do and they argued with me that they don't. That was in Sept. and I have not been back since. They have worked on my radios before. Even before those kids were born.

Eng74

When I have had problems at a RS store it has always been a dealer store. The RS that are run by RS never have a problem sending in a radio for repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.