Pro-2096 in Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gymbag

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone else have a Pro-2096 in their vehicle? I have one in mine and sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. I had a "professional" install it. Sometimes you turn it on and nothing, the next day you turn it on and it works. Very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

marksmith

I would be asking some questions of the "professional".

You don't give much in the way of details about when it doesn't work, what's happening. Is there power? Is it scanning but not receiving anything? Are you in the same areas at the time? Is it raining or something else that might ground or negate the effectiveness of the antenna? Is the antenna connection solid?

There is nothing inherently a problem with running that scanner on 12 volts in an automobile.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
I have had a 2096 in my pick up for 6 yrs and have never had a problem. Starts every time I turn the key and runs perfectly.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
I have it's little brother Pro96 and it's perfect. In fact more dependable than brand new scanners from 2016 vs Trunked, Simulcast system reception. Wish it had 700mhz trunking and TDMA. I can use almost any antenna and get great reception. I even have a 3ft RCA digital TV antenna in my trunk hooked up by six foot coax/twist on bnc. It works fine. That's my backup antenna as I usually use a bnc window clip. When you say "doesn't work" that could mean anything and is of no help. It could be user error in setting up the control channel for the system you want OR it could be you have the wrong "mode" set. Could even be that professional futzed up the install. Could be anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

marksmith

Agree on the Pro96. One of the most reliable, clear receivers ever made. Still run one 24/7 monitoring an 800mz trunked digital system and it does a better job than all the new stuff. Also agree and wish it had 700mz.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Status
Not open for further replies.