Pro 2096 / Motorolla Fleetnet II VHF Astro

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyhooker

I recently acquired a Pro 2096 from a frustrated owner who can't get it to work. I have several Unidens and a GRE 600 that work fine, but I can't get the 2096 to talk.

Most info I can find relates to 800 Mhz systems but this is a VHF Astro system. (Ontario, Canada Fleetnet Zone II)

I program the control channel and the data table ( there are three for the system but there seems to be room for only 1 when programming)

The scanner tracks the system in open mode and the IDs come up (both dgital and analog) but I get only static and no voice.

Please help.

Steve

DonS

Is it this system?

If so, you need to program all three trunking table entries. That can only be done with external software (the scanner's UI only allows you to program 1 table entry).

happyhooker

Yes Don, that is the system I am referring to. So far I have avoided programming scanners with a computer because I'm not that good with computers.

I guess I just have to bite the bullet and learn how to do it.

Did these scanners come with a disc from Radio Shack or is this something I can download from the internet?

Steve

DonS

Did these scanners come with a disc from Radio Shack or is this something I can download from the internet?
No, the PRO-96/2096 did not come with any software.

You'll need both a cable (the one that came with your PSR-600 will work fine) and software. I don't believe there's any "free" software available, but you can download my Win96 program (free for the first 30 days). You'd likely download the current programming from the scanner into Win96, make the table changes, [save to disk,] and then upload the modified data back to the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.