PRO-2096 no longer working with APCO-25

Status
Not open for further replies.

radref

I bought a used 2096 to listen to the memphis and shelby county police and fire. For a while everything was good but then the scanner would no longer receive the police or fire channels. I did a full reset and reloaded my file using win96. Other channels such an VHF ham and WX work great.

I sent the scanner back to radio shack and $49 dollars later they told me that they could not find anything wrong but that a receiption adjustment had to be made. When I got the scanner back it STILL does not work.

I have tried other win96 (known good) files and have reset the scanner. Has anyone else had this problem?

Bucko

I have had my 2096 for a year and never had any kind of problem with it, DG works very well. Being you tried a known good Win96 file that you know worked I would be taking it back to your local shack and let them check it out again. Maybe some of the other members here will have an idea for you?

Shackman

I just sent one in to repair for another customer that was doing the same thing. VHF channels worked fine. All the settings were right. Cloned it from a known good scanner and set them side by side, his would not pick up the trunking and the other would. The scanner was about a year old. Should be interesting to find out what they do to it when it comes back from repair

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
bwinking said:
check out this post;
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44992
maybe he (tspainiv) can steer you in the right direction.

I've sent radref a new Win96 file. They have finally switched off their old system and have updated the control channels for the site he wants to listen to.

It should get him going, and hopefully he doesn't have a problem with his scanner.

VintageJon

Ahso Deska! You must have Control Channels currently used!

That's another thing I love about RR Membership is being able to check the HOME PAGE EVERY DAY to see if there is an ipdate I need to consider.

Glad ya'll got it going!

73's
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.