PRO-2096 OK for AA CO, MD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danzee

Ads/Specs say APCO 25 audio decoder is a must.
Does that mean you need an accessory card or module to listen to the new AA CO digital system, or is it a convoluted way to say it's included in the radio?

whiskeytango

if i remember right the 2096 might have a rebanding issue, try posting in the maryland forum for a better/faster answer

edit: dunno what i was thinkin bout, the 2096 will decode p25, but still try maryland forums for more location specific info

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The 2096 is fine as is for AA county - no extra card of any kind needed. It can also be rebanded via software when the time comes. However, if you have any interest in milair, give this radio a pass - it won't do it, even if it's opened up with software, you might or might not get any useable sensitivity.

In addition, do NOT let a RS person program it! If you want to do it by hand, we have a writeup that should work just fine as to how to do it - but the better solution is to get Win96, a RS USB cable and a premium subscription. You can then download data directly into Win96 from the database, which is pretty good for AA county.

Note:Anything in blue is a link

73 Mike

Last edited:

danzee

Thanks to all for the responses. I need to decide on refurb unit for $180 pretty soon. Sounds good at first glance, but will have to think about MIL a before jumping at it. DZ

Status
Not open for further replies.