PRO-2096/PRO-106 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xlcfdp

Some time ago I bought a PRO-2096, it was preloaded by the local RS store. Recently I added a PRO-106 to my collection, again preloaded by the local RS store. The PRO-106 seems to hear things that my PRO-2096 does not. I assume there are new frequencies/channels in it that aren't in the PRO-2096. I loaded up my copy of ARC96 and logged into RadioReference.

I'm a bit confused when looking at the trunk systems data. It lists SITES and TALKGROUPS. There are hundreds of sites listed and thousands of talkgroups listed. I see a talk group for the county I am interested in, do I just need to select that? Do I need to select a site as well? how does one know which site to select?

Also, is there a way to "clone" a PRO-106 to a PRO-2096? I'm thinking not, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

jfhtm350

Where do you live and who are you wanting to program in?

When you say preloaded, are you talking about someone at RS programming it for you or are you talking about the preloaded v scanner folders?

One trunking site can contain hundreds of talkgroups or even thousand's of users in those talkgroups.
A talkgroup is a group of users such as the local sheriffs dept or one of the fire dept's.

Do you have a cable and programming software for the pro-106?

xlcfdp

I live in Benton County Minnesota. I'm starting simple by just trying to get the ARMER channels for Benton County. I assume I have to pick the two sites listed, Gilman Simulcast and St. Cloud Region Simulcast. The other two sites listed in the Minnesota State provided ARMER map don't seem to exist.

The local RS cloned their PRO-106 that was sitting on the shelf to my PRO-106 when I bought it a week ago or so. No idea what the "v scanner folders" means.

I do have a cable that works for both the PRO-2096 and PRO-106. I have software for the PRO-2096, ARC96, but I haven't selected any yet for the PRO-106.

xlcfdp

A bit of clarification... I'm trying to program my PRO-2096, not the PRO-106. Ideally, I'd like the same programming in both scanners. As RS cloned the PRO-106 from on of their radios, I'm not sure what they put in it. I thought I'd start programming the PRO-2096 with frequencies/channels from my county, Benton County in central Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.