pro 2096 programming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

goofy7777

Just purchased a pro 2096 to use in Tulsa. After programming the main control channel and the alternate c.c. and pushing scan, all I'm receiving are the analog talkgroups but none of the digital ones. What did I do wrong! Kind of a newbie so be kind!

goofy7777

The manual is still out there online. Should be a pretty easy.
That's how I programmed it, with the manual. The question is why analog only but no digital? The percentage on the control channel is steady at about 95% and good c.c. motorboat sound.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
What system you trying to get. That's the best place to start. Tulsa? what? where? who?
Truncated version
FOR P25 9600 baud rate
Punch in Control channel and alternates only *you don't need all freqs.

Make sure all frequencies in your bank have MOT (mode) don't put multiple control channels in same banks.

On the bank you want Press- (Pgm -trunk) - use (mode) to set to MOT then hit (func)-#4 and set to 9600 NORMAL using up/down arrows (enter)

Press scan - talkgroups that show up can be saved by pressing (TRUNK) on fly

Last edited by a moderator:

goofy7777

What system you trying to get. That's the best place to start. Tulsa? what? where? who?
Truncated version
FOR P25 9600 baud rate
Punch in Control channel and alternates only *you don't need all freqs.

Make sure all frequencies in your bank have MOT (mode) don't put multiple control channels in same banks.

On the bank you want Press- (Pgm -trunk) - use (mode) to set to MOT then hit (func)-#4 and set to 9600 NORMAL using up/down arrows (enter)

Press scan - talkgroups that show up can be saved by pressing (TRUNK) on fly
Tulsa and everything is correct by your description. C.C. and alt. C.C. only 2 freq. programmed in bank. Set to motorola 9600 normal. set in open mode. still only receiving analog only. although most talkgroups have now switched to digital! Just ordered a cable to try to use win96 or Butel prog. software. Also noticed it's running an old firmware, v. 1.2 the newest is 1.4

goofy7777

I have ARC96 programming software. If you have ARC96, attach your file and I will check it.
Hopefully you see something I'm missing! The p-25 digital is deaf. Thanks for checking.

Attachments

• arc96 4-22-20.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 13

tvengr

Well Known Member
I don't see any problem with the programming. I programmed a 96 and it would not receive anything on a P25 system. It worked OK once I opened it up and adjusted VR4 for the best P25 decode. VR4 is marked on the circuit board. Make a note of where it was before you adjust it..

goofy7777

I don't see any problem with the programming. I programmed a 96 and it would not receive anything on a P25 system. It worked OK once I opened it up and adjusted VR4 for the best P25 decode. VR4 is marked on the circuit board. Make a note of where it was before you adjust it..
only see VR1,VR2, and VR3

goofy7777

on my pro 2096 there are only 3 vr 's to adjust. Now, on the older OKWIN system I am receiving a few digital talkgroups just fine, just not TPD or fire,etc. Since I'm getting good digital decoding I don't think an internal adj. is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.