PRO-2096 programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakester

Hi, my friend just picked up a PRO-2096 on Craigslist, and I'm having a hell of a time trying to get it programmed. (I've got a PRO-106, and had zero problems programming it)

Here in southeastern NH, we have a lot of PDs that have gone P25 digital without trunking. There seems to be no way to get the scanner to decode these (except for a really messy work around). My scanner has an "Auto" mode where it figures out what modulation the incoming signal is using and decodes it. His doesn't seem to. If I program them in as FM (what it defaults to), they come through as raw digital data. Thats obviously no good.

If I program them as MO (not exactly sure what that stands for, maybe trunking, didn't come with manual) and I set them as the FIRST channel in the bank, it decodes them with no problems. If I program ANOTHER channel in the bank as MO, it completely ignores it. If I manually tune to it, it'll decode, but it won't stop scanning on it.

The problem here being the radio only has 10 banks, and I'd like to set it up for him as one bank being police, once bank being fire, one being security... etc. Right now I got the work around going for the main freqs we want here, but I'd love to be able to program in a few more. Any ideas?

I'm probably going to look extremely dumb, but this things a completely different beast from my 106.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
If they are P-25 conventional set the PL to FM. The 2096 does not have capability to decoe NAC so just set it to FM.

mobile1

Wiki

If you would like to read the manual for the Pro2096 just look in the Wiki ,It is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.