pro 2096 programming with win96

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsdspif1

Premium Subscriber
I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll just start here . I live in Van Buren county , Michigan and I have an old pro 2096 that was working fine but now I no longer get the michigan state police stuff that I used to . I purchased the win96 software years ago when I got the scanner and I've got the newest version downloaded (1.74) and it accepted my old key , I also became a premium member of radio reference . I was able to do the web import from radio reference , I chose my location and selected the mpscs and it entered alot of stuff , but at this point I can't figure out what I have to do next ?? I'm guessing I check the boxes of what I want ??? . I guess at this point I will stop at this point and wait for instruction , or if someone can point me to a tutorial or something ?? I come across various topics or whatever but so many are from years ago so I don't know if they are accurate for this time period . I also have the cable for programming the radio . When I first got it years ago someone I think from radio reference sent me a file and I just loaded it into the scanner and that worked fine until a few months ago . I think now all I get is my local analog fire departments . Thanks .
Just to add I basically would like to monitor any fire / police / ambulance that I can receive , I am in the Mattawan , Paw Paw area . Thanks again

kd8ati

Feed Provider
I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll just start here . I live in Van Buren county , Michigan and I have an old pro 2096 that was working fine but now I no longer get the michigan state police stuff that I used to . I purchased the win96 software years ago when I got the scanner and I've got the newest version downloaded (1.74) and it accepted my old key , I also became a premium member of radio reference . I was able to do the web import from radio reference , I chose my location and selected the mpscs and it entered alot of stuff , but at this point I can't figure out what I have to do next ?? I'm guessing I check the boxes of what I want ??? . I guess at this point I will stop at this point and wait for instruction , or if someone can point me to a tutorial or something ?? I come across various topics or whatever but so many are from years ago so I don't know if they are accurate for this time period . I also have the cable for programming the radio . When I first got it years ago someone I think from radio reference sent me a file and I just loaded it into the scanner and that worked fine until a few months ago . I think now all I get is my local analog fire departments . Thanks .
Just to add I basically would like to monitor any fire / police / ambulance that I can receive , I am in the Mattawan , Paw Paw area . Thanks again

Well the reason you stopped getting everything is because the MPSCS got rebanded from the 868.000 area down to the 853.000 area, so all the freq's that were in your scanner are no longer valid.

I have used Win96 a ton and would be willing to put together a win96 file for you. All you would need to do is save it on your pc and load it using Win96 and upload it to your scanner. Just PM me with exactly what you want and in what bank (bank 1, bank 2) you want it.

hamflying

Premium Subscriber
I am also having the same problem. However I tried to re-band and still nothing. I live in Kalamazoo and lost everything. I am i the middle of reprogramming the radio with win 96 and was thinking about trying it a diffrent way. I was thinking about trying to place MSP in one bank with all the talk groups, then Kalamazoo in bank 2 with freq and talk groups then Van Buren county in bank 3 with freq and talk groups. I'm wondering if it's the approach I should take or not. or just stick all the freq's in one bank then just add talk groups to the other banks.

jsdspif1

Premium Subscriber
hamflying , I just sent you a pm .kd8ati sent me a file for win96 that got mine running again . Can someone tell me if it's alright for me to upload that file to somewhere for others that might need it ? I didn't know if that type of thing was allowed or not . My scanner seems to be working like it should ??
As for how mine is programmed and what's where I glanced at it but don't know enough about it to really make heads or taiils of it . It scans 1 , 2 , 3 , and 4 .

Status
Not open for further replies.