PRO-2096 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

khphighwayman

Premium Subscriber
I had my agency program the PRO-2096 I bought. We use a multi site trunking 800 digital system. Im also a ham operator so I have more knowledge than most on radio ops. But this kinda confused me. When they programmed my scanner via computer they put several different sets of frequencies into one bank. About seven or eight tower sites for my area. Each set obviously has a control channel. With that control channel comes about six other frequencies programmed in. I read a thread posted earlier about needing ONLY the control channel for each tower site programmed in. So I programmed in the control channel to the three sites I can receive from my house. In between each control channel i put in an 800 mhz conventional channel because of what I read earlier. Before I programmed those three myself I was missing a TON of traffic. Can anyone fill me on why in the world I only need control channels plugged in instead of every frequency for that tower site?

n2mdk

On a Motorola or a P-25 system the scanner really couldn't care less about the frequencies other than the active control channel, that's all it uses. It then extrapolates the voice channels from the trunking tables. It never uses the other programmed frequencies on the trunked Moto system unless the control channel changes.

khphighwayman

Premium Subscriber
ok. thank you. but this thing is STILL missing a bunch of replies. I had three control channels programmed in. Is that too much? Ive also messed with the delays on the channel itself as well as the ID delay. what is the best way to have it setup?

n2mdk

I think part of the problem is having multiple sites programmed in the same bank and part of the problem is listening to multiple sites on the same radio especially if the systems are busy.
If you only have one site programmed in does it follow the transmissions better that way. Is it set up correctly for the trunked system.

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
also could be you need the control channel plus the alternates, if you look in the RR data base plug in the numbers that are outlined in red and blue that could be why your missing transmissions, also could be the fact that you have 2 different trunking systems in...however you can program multiple sites that are on the same tower...For instance if you are in a county and want to pick up others, that use the same tower,then seperate with a conv freq, preferabbly what i find best 1200.0000...

khphighwayman

Premium Subscriber
Pro-2096

ok. maybe that was the problem. I had three different sites programmed in. they were three seperate towers in three seperate counties. they werent seperate control channels on one physical tower. they were three seperate control channels on different sites, guess this radio shack scanner wont do that. i was pondering buying a GRE PSR-500. hopefully it will track 3 seperate towers.

rabidmoose57

Check the control frequencies you have programmed in, if you recieve data on each then you should get everything else. I've got all of the controls for the Kansas digital system programmed in one bank, and so far everything is working pretty well. I run that bank in open mode, just in case new talkgroups pop up.

khphighwayman

Premium Subscriber
I put in one control channel in the bank. Its the control channel for the atchison (huron) tower. Im still missing a huge amount of replies from dispatch and troops. This thing is really frustrating. Ive tried lengthening the dealy on the talkgroup ID. no help. Ive tried running a delay on the actual channel itself. also didnt work. I wonder if when KDOT programmed it for me they changed the trunking channel table or something. maybe i should do a full reset on the scanner and reprogram it all......

hawkeye32

Premium Subscriber
hmm hard to say just make sure you have the CC and the alternate...Also check in the program to make sure the freq are set to MOT and the bank is too, that could cause a prob..

Status
Not open for further replies.