Pro 2096 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefbrehar

PRO-2096 police scanner which should be a digital trunking scanner that would normally work with all the new digital police and fire radios. Unfortunately it must not be digital. I have it working fine with analog, non trunking systems but it is not working for trunking or for digital signals. Would anyone know want is wrong with it?

DELCOLHFC

Using software?

"Whats wrong with it?"
Most likely a programming mis-step.

Are you hand programming or using one of the software programs for it ?
Have you set the "MODE" for each digital control channel to "MOT" ?
Have you set the banks with digital systems to "MOT" also ?

Please go to your "User CP" (left hand side of second row toolbar on this page) and fill in your loaction so folks have more info to go on while trying to help you. Let us know what system(s) you are looking to program, some require even more special handling while others are not monitorable by any scanner.

jefbrehar

Sorry. I live in Greenwood, Indiana, a few miles south of Indianapolis. I'd like to get Greenwood PD&FD and Indianapolis Metropolitan Police. I don't have a programming cable so I have to do it manually.

DELCOLHFC

Some help.....

O.K. I'm not from Indiana but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Give this programming shortcut page a read Programming Shortcut pro-2096 - The RadioReference Wiki and try to follow the instructions then check back and let us know your results. It should get you up and running, if not we can work on any additional issues.
I assume you have gone to the Database here for all the Indiana SAFE-T info. It looks like you really only need to enter two Control Channel freqs for Johnson Co. to follow the action. Then of course you will need to select which TalkGroups you want to hear and get them entered as well. The big thing is setting both the desired BANK and FREQUENCY/CHANNEL to "MOT" so the scanner knows what it should do.
With such a large system as you have in IN you may want to look into investing in the programming cable (the new one is about $35 but the 2096 can be loaded using the older no longer available cable that sometimes can be found on ebay, I got one for $5. The part # for the older one is 20-289) and some software, most folks here use Win96 from starrsoft.com
Check back and let us know how you do.......
Good luck,
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.