Pro-2096 Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone using this scanner to monitor the CSP system? I am considering one for the shack. If you do have one, how well does it perform on the CSP system?

Manny

HarryWilly

While I don't use it myself, I have seen plenty of people using it, and often stores used to have it on display running CSP. Just make sure you do the firmware updates for improved audio decoding, and consider purchasing WIN-96 for rebanding support (not to mention it is pretty good software).

The audio will come in a little choppy at times, but that is a result of the CSP system's simulcast sites occasionally falling out of sync by a little (well that is what is claimed). This is a system problem - pretty much any of the digital scanners out now will have this problem, so it is not a scanner problem specific to this model, but it shouldn't affect you from being able to hear what is going on.

They are good value too considering most are NOS or lightly used units for sometimes half the price of a brand new digital trunking scanner.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Sounds Good!

Thank You Very Much!
I am looking into a refurbished unit for under $200. I will definitely go for Win96. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Thanks again!

Manny

Mork

Premium Subscriber

Manny Check around with R/S, I found one NIB on clearance for $80.

doc
New Hartford

Mork

Premium Subscriber
If the econimy wasn't so bad, I'd open a radio/electronics store. I was considering Bloomfield or Newington.

Status
Not open for further replies.