• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

PRO-2096 vs. PRO-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
Do both scanners have the same features? I noticed on RS's websites they said the PRO-2096 had the 9600bps control channel and C-QPSK features but those weren't listed as some of the PRO-96's features. I checked the wiki and couldn't come up with anything

Thanks in advance,
Nick

trainman111

Premium Subscriber
Okay, thanks guys! That's all I wanted to know. I'm searching for either scanner at a low price. I was going to go with the BCD996T but I really don't need the GPS feature so why should I spend the extra money??

Thanks again,
Nick

[Edit]: Where can I find either scanner cheap?? I looked on E-bay but most of the scanners are going for close to the same price as if I were to buy one from a shop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.