Pro 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

martymartin

Hi there, I have a question. I have a chance of buying a Radioshack Pro 2096 scanner that the display is out on for 100 dollars. It is a great price, but what I want to know is how hard is it to fix the no display problem.
I know it is a power issue; is it in the power supply itself or somewhere on the main board? Anyone out there fix one like this? If so, can you tell me what you had to replace? Thanks in advance.

Nasby

For that price I would buy it and then pay to have it fixed by Radio Shack. You would still be saving a ton of cash over buying a new one.

martymartin

Oh, yeah...

Oh, yeah, I plan on it. Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering if anyone of the tech out there had one with the same issues. Thinking it is a blown resistor, maybe a short in the display; who knows? Radioshack has had issues with a lot of their scanners and display problems as of late. They aren't what they used to be. They were ok when they sticked to radio's and parts back in the day. Now they are trying to sell everything from toys to satellite dish systems. Oh well...maybe I can find something on the net.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
All display power and functions are sent to display via a multi pin/wire ribbon which may need to be forced into the slot at either end. The 2096 never had much of this problem but the 2055 (same setup) did. You may be able to simply remove the casing and wiggle the ribbon into place.

martymartin

Thanks!

Thanks....I'll let everyone (you) know how it goes when I finally get this thing. Haven't been able to listen for 4 years now since our county went digital. Been without scanner for that long and can't wait until I get one going. Just can't believe that digital scanners have been out for a while now and the price hasn't even attempted to come down and the fact there are only a handfull of models out there. Really sucks.
Again, thanks. Marty.

Status
Not open for further replies.