Pro 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud4030

Premium Subscriber
I used Win96 web import to load my scanner. I selected my site (Site 27) that has the control and alt freq for my county and then scrolled down and selected the talk groups for my county that I wanted to listen to. I loaded the county sheriff on bank 1, City Police on bank 2, county fire on bank 3, and the state police district that covers my county on bank 4. The problem is I'm hearing other counties as well as road plow crews, DNR and many other things I don't want to hear. What am I doing wrong, or is it possible to listen to only certain talk groups in your county ?

rmiller818

Sounds like the banks are "open" that would be indicated by a "+" under the number of the bank. Press FUNC and then the 5 button to close it.

I may not quite understand how you set it up but I would suggest that you put all the talkgroups you want to monitor into the same bank. Use the ID sub-banks to divide them up by type. That would free up the other banks for other uses. However, this wouldn't be a factor in your current issue, just a suggestion.

bud4030

Premium Subscriber
I think I 'm getting everything that is going through Site 27. If this is true and you have to have it because it has the control and alt freq for my county. Then what is the purpose for selecting the talk groups, when
your going to hear everything? I would like to just hear the talk groups I seleted, not everyone on Site 27.

stevecubfan

Premium Subscriber
like the man said func 5 closed mode you only hear what you want. If you're listening to motorola digital system all you need is the RED CONTROL CHANNEL listd in the database. the pro96 is fairly easy to program don't make it rocket science.

W9NES

I have a Pro-2096 and a Pro-96. Like the others are telling you you are in open bank mode.When you push Function and 5 and watch for the Plus(+) which indicates you are in open mode and the minus(-) sign which tells you you are in closed mode.Close the bank with the function and press 5 and you can toggle the bank by the (+) or (-) signs.You display should show(-) to show that you are only listening to the talkgroups you wish to hear.If you should need any other assistance please feel free to send me a pm or e-mail me direct at W9nes@Comcast.net. Best Reguards,Tim DeLong W9NES Monitoring Metro Indianapolis/Marion County,Central Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.