pro 2096

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Pro2096 - Cent Georgia Interop

I have a Pro96, the same thing except Handheld. CGIRRS sounds like a similar system to our Starcom21 in IL. You can hear most but not all talk groups as some are in TDMA. Your system shows 855.58750c Red* as the Control channel but all the rest ARE listed as blue alternates. You should find the noisy control channel in all those frequencies, program that IN, stop it on there by using the "manual" button. Hit "program" then TRUNK button to make sure it's set for the proper Trunk mode, either Motorola or Edacs *mode button controls that. If the system is a 9600 baud rate or 3600 *it says what it is at the bottom of the noisy control channel* YOU must hit "function" then #3 and Normal/enter for a 3600 baud rate. For a 9600 system.... push "function" #4 and select Normal/Enter. You have to make sure the system is set up to scan IN the bank's "trunk" setting. Then try scanning. This is how you do it on the Pro96 should be the same for the Base unit 2096. That's about all I got.

mjbjr

I did read it after the fact,but to be honest,thats way out of my comfort zone. I appreciate your help though

jamesa53

Have you looked into the rebanding issues read all the stickys.

This is a P 25 system so rebanding isn't an issue. P25 Phase II is an issue, PSR-800 is only scanner that can receive it.

I cannot determine in looking at the RRDB which talk groups are P25 Phase II.

N8IAA

So helping a friend out. I have this scanner uploaded with Central Georgia Interoperable Regional Radio System Trunking System, Various, Georgia - Scanner Frequencies frequencies. but hear nothing, I watch it while my 197 is scanning and nothing ever shows up on the 2096. Any ideas why? Its updated to V4 if that matters.

How are you loading in the data to the scanner? Are you using Win96, or other software for the 2096.
If by hand, you could have missed a step in putting in all the frequencies. The main CC could have changed.
Does the 197 hear the system? I know you've had your problems with that particular system.
Larry

N8IAA

This is a P 25 system so rebanding isn't an issue. P25 Phase II is an issue, PSR-800 is only scanner that can receive it.

I cannot determine in looking at the RRDB which talk groups are P25 Phase II.

This system has been a bone of contention in the GA state forum.
It shows Phase II, but is using Phase I TGID's.
Under the TGID Mode is a 'D'. No 'T' as would be for a Phase II TGID.
Just because it says Phase II doesn't mean it is.
Larry

f4jmk

The Central Georgia Interoperable Regional Radio System does not use standard 800Mhz identifiers.

In order for the Pro96/2096 to track this system properly, you will have to enter the info below into the MOT custom table.

Base- 854.0000
Offset- 4095
Step- 12.5

Try this and let us know.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.