PRO-404 handheld scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilfoot95

does anyone know a program i can use to program this scanner. like i have burnsville, minneapolis,st paul etc. police but i can only hear the fire department and ambulance and that gets boring. i have the right frequemcies according to different sites but i still cant hear. or if someone has a number i can call that would help too.. thanks

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Pretty much everything in the Metro area has moved to the digital ARMER system so you won't be able to hear it with the Pro-404. You will need a digital scanner. You can still hear many of the fire dispatch channels and a few other things with that scanner because they are patched to VHF. You will not be able to hear anything from Minneapolis or St Paul though.

There's a list of stuff that that scanner will pick up in this thread:

http://forums.radioreference.com/minnesota-radio-discussion-forum/143438-vhf-freqs.html

lilfoot95

Thanks raven... oh man that sucks lol my mom got it for Christmas from my dad and radio shack said it was perfect for hearing police... i heard on these forums that radio shack people are dumb lol anyway whats the best scanner to use in Minnesota?

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
Thanks raven... oh man that sucks lol my mom got it for Christmas from my dad and radio shack said it was perfect for hearing police... i heard on these forums that radio shack people are dumb lol anyway whats the best scanner to use in Minnesota?

You learned the hard way that radio shack people dont know what they're talking about. I'd suggest asking us for future questions.

As to what can work:
Radio Shack Pro106
Radio Shack Pro197
GRE PSR 500
GRE PSR 600
UNIDEN bcd396xt
Uniden BCD996xt

Those are the newest models. There are some older models that you could probably get used for a better price. If you are going that route I'd try the Radio Shack Pro96 or the Uniden BCD396T.

samscan54

I have one and it is very easy to program (conventional only) so the Pro 404 does not support trunking. You would have to get a trunking scanner such as pro 106 , 97 , look on the rs wiki page on RR they show you all models by RS

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I have one and it is very easy to program (conventional only) so the Pro 404 does not support trunking. You would have to get a trunking scanner such as pro 106 , 97 , look on the rs wiki page on RR they show you all models by RS

This is only partially true. It MUST be a digital trunking scanner. An analog trunking scanner will not work. The pro 97 will not work. The ones i mentioned will be your best bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.