Pro 404 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

benderbot

need help programming my pro 404 so i can get all the live feeds on my mobile scanner. i have programmed every frequency possible off of the site but still have things on live feed that do not come up on my mobile scanner.

SquierStrat

where are you (city, state?), and what are you trying to listen to?
the pro 404 is the most basic of basic scanners, so if those live feeds monitor anything besides analog conventional frequencies, you're gonna be out of luck

benderbot

I am in south dakota trying to listen to davison county I get get live feed on home pc but not my pro 404 and I have programmed all possible frequencies

N8IAA

I am in south dakota trying to listen to davison county I get get live feed on home pc but not my pro 404 and I have programmed all possible frequencies

Even if you have programmed in the tower sites for Davison county, plus the conventional frequencies, you will not be able to hear them. Your county is on the South Dakota statewide digital, P-25 system. Your scanner, being the one of the most basic, will not be able to follow the trunk system.

You would need to get a scanner that follows the digital frequencies, such as, the Uniden 396XT, 996XT, and the HP-1. Maybe even a Radio Shack Pro-106, or Pro-197 in the for sale forum here on Radio Reference.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.