Pro 405 descktop scanner help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzmepoo

I purchased a Radio Shack Pro 405 descktop scanner and am having trouble receiving channels. I have used the fire/police scan button but rairly get a clear channel. Does anyone know how to get better reception for the Denver/Aurora Colorado area? Do you have the police scanner channels cause the ones I have been given don't seem to work. Thanks!

shadcall

Good news and bad news. The good news is that there are things you can monitor with your scanner such as air, rail, some businesses etc. The bad news is your scanner cannot pick up Denver/Aurora area emergency services such as police, fire and EMS. To pick that area up you will need a digital trunking scanner. It does not appear everything is digital so an 800 MHZ trunking scanner will work, but you are better off getting a digital scanner. Radio Shack sells the Pro 106 and Pro 197. Uniden has others as well, but I have RS scanners so can't tell you which Uniden scanners will work.

If you plan on getting another scanner you may want to scroll down farther and post in the Colorado forum. People in your area are in best position to advise you as to what works the best where you live and want to monitor.

Last edited:

shadcall

RS sales people are not the brightest people in the world. Their main job is to sell you a cell phone. If you browse through these forums you can find all kinds of stuff sales people have told customers. If you just bought it you can return it I think up to 30 days. If it is outside of the 30 days try and return it anyway and ask for the manager and tell him/her your problem and keep going up the chain until you get some satisfaction.

ronbuczak

Ron lives in New York State, Cattaraugus County, in Freedom township. Am a first time user of Radio Shack "Pro-405" scanner. After listening to pre-programmed freq's for 2 weeks, I attempted to program known Police, Fire, Skywarn freq's into scanner. The pre-programmed ones did not include anything local. R.S. employee advised me that I only need this type scanner to hear what I wish. After fooling around, I cannot scan police , or fire, I may have screwed up somehow. Anyone willing to help? R.Shack said they do not know anything about scanners!

Status
Not open for further replies.