Pro-43 Battery Saver Mode --- Any Way to Turn Off ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a couple of Pro-43 handheld scanners that i use as base rigs.....problem is that they automatically go into 'Battery Saver' mode if no rx signal/activity after XX number of seconds....this causes them to miss the first 2 or 3 seconds of any next transmission when the radio finally/slowly comes to life !

ANY way to turn this 'Battery Saver' OFF... or kill it entirely ????

thanks

Barefootdipole

dste

The 43 is only supposed to go to sleep in the "manual" mode. Try scanning a bank of only 1 freq in "scan" mode.

SAR923

That's the only way I know to prevent the sleep mode also - scan a bank with just the one frequency of interest. I haven't noticed the sleep mode in my Pro-97 causing it to miss any traffic when I'm sitting on one frequency though.

dste said:
The 43 is only supposed to go to sleep in the "manual" mode. Try scanning a bank of only 1 freq in "scan" mode.

that's exactly what I was doing...and didn't even realize it !
i had one pro-43 locked down in manual listening to a hot mil air freq...and a second pro-43 was scanning and stopping on the same freq....and the scanning radio was hearing a few seconds of audio that the manual radio didn't ! thanks, 'dste' !!

tho i'd still like to find a way to kill the feature....too many freqs, not enough banks to leave a whole bank empty ! :)

Barefootdipole

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
No sleep mode wanted

I don't recall if the Pro-43 has Priority or not but in the Pro-97 the sleep mode can be prevented by putting the Priority feature to on. If you program the same desired channel in Priority then you won't miss a thing.

NW0U said:
I don't recall if the Pro-43 has Priority or not but in the Pro-97 the sleep mode can be prevented by putting the Priority feature to on. If you program the same desired channel in Priority then you won't miss a thing.

you read my mind ! :)

i was gonna post this idea a few days ago and see what folks thought about it...

many thanks

Barefootdipole

randyK said:
Try putting it in program mode instead of manual mode.
Randy

a really great, creative idea !!

it worked like a champ !!

keeps from having to program the desired channel into Priority.....

THANKS !!!!!!

Barefootdipole

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.