PRO 43 - Modified >> Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketta

I have the PRO 43 handheld scanner it has 200 channels, The person whom gave me this had it modified,

I want to know how to clear all the banks and program scanner to scan all local stuff, like police, fire, etc.

I was told I can pick up cell phone frequencies, how is this done. What all am I able to scan with this scanner? I know this particular model was removed from the shelves at Radio Shacks because they were modifiable....

Please assist me if you could, I would prefer responses to go to my email: cag_95112@yahoo.com

thank you

MOTOROLANUT

Pro-43

Pro-43's were able to be modified for the full 800 meg receive spectrum. The procedure depends on the date of manufacture code of the scanner. Google Pro 43 mods and I am sure you will find details.

BUT keep in mind listening to cellular conversation is prohibited by Federal Law/Code.

Plus you are about 20 years too late, 1990 thru 1996 were the peak years..LOL

Most cell phones are fully digital signals now, or perhaps might go through analog towers somewhere.

It is best to forget the cellular idea, it will just get you into hot water and enjoy the police/fire/ems listening
on your Pro-43

N8IAA

Pro-43, one of the best milair scanners ever made! My Bad: went to the Wiki here on RR. Looked under Radio Shack scanners and they have the operating guides there. With the scanner off, press CLEAR and 0. Turn the scanner on until it resets. The guide gives you the proceedure to program the scanner.
Larry

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
N81AA tnx for info on pro43 I cleared what i had in it hoping to install diff. freqs, well as most know the keypads go bad,so I now have a clrd scanner, buti cant install any freqs, do you or anyone on line know anyone who repairs them or has the keypad ? I know radio shk doesnt fix them so any ideas about getting it to work again ,a new keypad a liquid cleaner or a tech who could fix it?? tnx bob

Status
Not open for further replies.