Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Anyone have one of these yet?

Care to share likes/dis-likes/etc...

KLH

Feed Provider
I doubt many people have bought them yet.
None of the RS stores have recieved them yet in my area.

I'm waiting to see them. I'm starting to get low on scanners..

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
2 stores in my area are showing stock on the website. I am waiting for a friend's store to get them. I want him to use his emp. discount for me, then I will have one. Hopefully by next weekend.

rqueen2229

I purchased one 2 days ago and love it. I have a Pro-96 also but being new to scanning the pro-433 does an excellent job. Doesn't have the alpha tags but oh well. For the money it is a great scanner.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I'd pick the 2055 any day over the 433.... Whats up with the Scan/Manual button being the same freakin button??? The Freq size is HUGE on the 433, but no alpha tag is a downer. Just my 2 cents =)

rqueen2229

I can understand your thoughts on the scan / manual button being the same button. I quickly adapted to that feature. The large frequency characters are great for me...bad eyes...... :eek:) Being new to scanning I just program them and turn them on......so it serves my purpose fine. My pro 96 I use in my car while traveling all day..... I just got the 433 because I wanted a base unit in my home office and couldn't afford the 2096.....

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
The scan/manual dual button is like that on the PRO 2051. You get used to it quick, kind of easier when you are looking to stop on a channel or TG real fast. This scanner seems to be a more upgraded version of the PRO 2051. Can someone tell me if it does Motorola 900 MHz systems? Strangely, the 2051 does not.

KLH

Feed Provider
VintageJon said:
Not familar with the 433. Is it digital? (i.e. MOT 25...)??

-Jon
Nope.

My store should be receiving a couple in tomorrows shipment, so I will test it out and see how I like it.

trixwagen

Sorry, no alpha tags makes it a deal breaker for me. It would feel like going back a few years, and not in a good way.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
trixwagen said:
Sorry, no alpha tags makes it a deal breaker for me. It would feel like going back a few years, and not in a good way.

I hear that. I just do not understand these radios not having alfa tags now a days.

kc2nll

Pro 433

Fantastic radio-I found it was easier to manually program the radio than use the existing software for it-great reception on weak signals

N4JNW

My local RadioShack franchise has a Pro-433 on display.

Must say I'm not impressed. Glad I have a 2055 in the works. My Pro-97 has gotten me used to Alpha tagging and the PL's.

Although the 433 looks nice, and is rebanding friendly, I probably won't be owning one anytime soon.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
KG4LJF said:
My local RadioShack franchise has a Pro-433 on display.

Must say I'm not impressed. Glad I have a 2055 in the works. My Pro-97 has gotten me used to Alpha tagging and the PL's.

Although the 433 looks nice, and is rebanding friendly, I probably won't be owning one anytime soon.

*RadioShack Pro-2055*
RadioShack Pro-97
Uniden Bearcat BC210XL
Yaesu VX-170
Uniden Grant XL (Sideband Rig, in bedroom)
Cobra 20 Plus Mobile (Ranger)
Cobra 19 LTD Classic (Dually)

Did you mean a second 2055, or do you have one yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.