Pro-433 Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

CStarr59

I've had my eye on the 433 for a while now. It seems like a great little radio and now a good price to go with it. It looks like a trip to RS to check it out.

NWtoSFO

Is this a scanner that is easily mounted in a vehicle, or is the 2055 better for that? What appeals to me with this scanner is the 20 banks, versus 10.

swstow

Premium Subscriber
depends 2055 has text diplay
433 does not you will need to remember all the tigs in your head wiyh it

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
NWtoSFO said:
Is this a scanner that is easily mounted in a vehicle, or is the 2055 better for that? What appeals to me with this scanner is the 20 banks, versus 10.
has anyone had the chance to compare the performance of the two, at VHF high frequencies? I just purchased the 2055 model last week and the performance of it is nowhere close to my bc 9000xlt as far as sensitivity, and background pops and static. if better performance can be gotten with the 433, i would return the 2055 and get one of those.

ayaresr

I have found on comparable antennas inside the store the 433 does seem to have a better receiver, as stated, only thing I don't like is no alpha tags...its ok for me, I see the tgid's enough to remember the main ones anyway, but for customers and others, they usually like the idea of alpha tagging. In the 155 MHz range, the 433 seems to have a little bit clearer audio, seems like theres not as much background static or hiss, so you can drive the audio a little harder and not have the annoying background noises.
Ryan

Bucko

The 2055 has the same problem as all the latest GRE's have, poor selectivity in the high band area. Noise from pagers and de-sensing will be the thing with it. Get the 2055 away from problems like that and it performs very well. I have both the 433 and 2055 and the 433 is the better performer on high band but the 433 is lacking in the AM mode on the UHF aero band compared to the 2055.

CStarr59

I purchased a pro-433 today at RS and so far I am very impressed with it's performance. I had it programed in about 20 minutes with my conventional frequencies and it works great.
The sound is good and clear and it seems like a real work horse of a scanner, it's a keeper and replaces my pro-2018 which will get moved into my garage/workshop area. The 433 was $149 on closeout, supposedly it's being discontinued......what a shame! Hopefully it will give me many years of service.

scottdbal

The sound quality and reception is great on the 433. Very easy to install. Bright display....I just wish it had text then it would be perfect.

CStarr59

Yes text would be great and that would complete the package 100%. The radio as it is performs super and I've gotten use to no text. I would not give it up, as it is so easy to use and program and it has all the right features.

Archon

I bought a Pro 433 For 119.00 And had them program what I wanted only It works great I have it scan Milwaukee county TRS and The railroads in the area It picks up great on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.