Pro-433 intermittently stuck in Wired mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

S1MPLET3XT

After programming this scanner and installing it in my car it suddenly got stuck in wired mode and wouldn't go out of it even after a reset; so I took it out and opened her up and disconnected the wires leading to the PC/IF jack. This seemed to solve the problem at first so I hooked it back up and reprogrammed it and I thought I had it working again...

Nope; now when I turn it on and start scanning I get about maybe 2-3 minutes and then it goes back into wired mode and automatically resets itself after around 30 seconds; after which it scans for a brief second then goes back into the same cycle.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of any solution? Does anyone have the service manual .pdf so that I might trace it to the board? Maybe a bad component?

Thanks in advance!

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
If you again disconnect all the wires to the PC/IF jack, does the problem go away? If so it is probably the jack that is causing the problem. The diagram below is from a PRO-528 which should be similar to the PRO-433. When a plug is inserted into the jack R399 (4.7K) is connected to PC_DET which pulls up the voltage to 3 volts. This alerts the CPU that a cable is plugged into the PC/IF jack. Your radio appears to have an intermittent short in this path and you can check the voltage at TP356 to see if it is around 3 volts (it should be zero) with no cable plugged in to the PC/IF jack.

Attachments

• PC-IF.JPG
    PC-IF.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 244

S1MPLET3XT

This is what it does with the PC/IF component completely unplugged from the main board... when it is plugged in it does not scan at all and stays shorted in wired mode... I just can't understand why it goes into wired after awhile without the PC/IF plugged in at all, it seems that should make it stay in scan mode... hrmmm... Anyways, thanks for the detailed info(s)! I will have another go at it when I get back to the shop later this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.